- Faculty, Art History
- 18th- and 19th-Century European Painting; History of Graphic Art
- PhD, Bryn Mawr College, 1966
Professor of 18th- and 19th-Century European Painting:
History of Graphic Art
Professor Emerita Diane Kelder's research interests include the art of the French Revolution, 19th and early 20th century French painting, the history of graphic art, and early American modernism. She taught at the College of Staten Island from 1971-2000, and the Graduate Center from 1980 until 2000. She was Curator of its Gallery from 2000 through 2008. Professor Kelder has received fellowships from the Gladys Krieble Delmas Foundation and the Jacob M. Kaplan Foundation.
- Architecture, Theater and Fantasy: Drawings from the Jules Fisher Collection. New York: The Morgan Library and Museum, 2021.
- Biala: Vision and Memory. Flushing, New York: Godwin-Ternbach Museum, Queens College CUNY, 2013.
- "E illustrazione" in Manet (exhibition catalogue). Curated by Maria Teresa Benedetti. Milan: Complesso del Vittoriano, 2005.
- Stuart Davis: Art and Theory, 1920-31. New York:The Pierpont Morgan Library, 2002.
- with Lowery S. Sims, et. al. Stuart Davis, American Painter. New York:The Metropolitan Museum of Art, 1991.
- The Great Book of Post-Impressionism. New York: Abbeville Press, 1986.
- The Great Book of French Impressionism. New York: Abbeville Press, 1980; revised editions, 1997, 2007.
- Aspects of "Official" Painting and Philosophic Art: 1789-1799. New York: Garland Publishing, 1976.
- Stuart Davis, A Documentary Monograph in Modern Art. Westport: Praeger Publishers, 1971.