Dr. Shin's research focuses on developing analytical methods for the trace levels of toxic chemicals, persistent organic pollutants, heavy metals in the air/water/sediment/biota samples.
His recent publications:
1. Arjun Adhikari, Sang-Mo Kang, Dibya Bhatta, Ho-Jun Gam, Min-Ji Gim, Joon-Ik Son, Jin-Y Shin, In-Jung Lee. Comparative effect of chemical and food waste-derived fertilizers on the growth and nutrient content of lettuce (Lactuca sativa L.) submitted on Resources, in October 2021.
2. Bo Yang, Ye Wang, Sila Jin, Shuang Guo, Eungyeong Park, Jin Y. Shin, Weiyu Zhang*, Young Mee Jung. Ag-Decorated Polymer Chip for Dual Targets Determination by Surface-Enhanced Raman Scattering, submitted on Analyst Journal in August 2021.
3. Adam W. Nored, Marie-Cecile G. Chalbot, Jin Y. Shin and Ilias G. Kavouras. The Effect of Particle Size, Membrane Type, and Face Velocity on TiO2-Containing Paint Dust Filtration. Journal of the International Society for Respiratory Protection Vol. 38, No. 1, 2021
4. Apeksha Vora, Marie-Cecile G. Chalbot, Jin Y. Shin and Ilias G. Kavouras. Size distribution and lung deposition of particle mass generated by indoor activities. Indoor and Built Environment. 2020, https://doi.org/10.1177/1420326X20939249
5. Francisco Artigas; Ji Meng Roh; Shin, Jin Y.; Joe Grzyb; Cheryl Yao (2017). "Baseline and distribution of organic pollutants and heavy metals in tidal creek sediments after Hurricane sandy in the Meadowlands of New Jersey” 76: 293 (DOI 10.1007/s12665-017-6604-y, Environmental Earth Science.
6. Min Ji Bak, Van-Long Truong, Se-Yeon Ko, Xuan Ngan Giang Nguyen, Pajaree Ingkasupart, Mira Jun, Jin Y. Shin and Woo-Sik Jeong. Antioxidant and Hepatoprotective Effects of Procyanidins from Wild Grape (Vitis amurensis) Seeds in Ethanol-Induced Cells and Rats. Int. J. of Mol. Sci. 2016, 17, 758; doi:10.3390/ijms17050758
7. Artigas, Francisco; Shin, Jin Y.; Hobble, Christine; Marti-Donati, Alejandro; Schäfer, Karina V.R.; Pechmann, Ildiko (2015). Long term carbon storage potential and CO2 sink strength of a restored salt marsh in New Jersey Agricultural and Forest Meteorology. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology. 200, 313-321.
8. Erin S. Ihde, Themba Nyirenda, Aridaman K. Jain, Ji Meng Loh, Francisco Artigas, Christine Hobble, Dom Elefante, Saleh Kojak, Jin Y. Shin, Lawrence Rosen (2014). Mapping Contaminants Associated with Autism: A Public Health Pilot in NJ, Journal of Geographic Information System, 6, 706-722
9. Lihui Huang, Chang Ho Yu, Philip K. Hopke, Jin Y. Shin and Zhihua Fan (2014).Trivalent chromium solubility and its influence on quantification of hexavalent chromium in ambient particulate matter using EPA method 6800. Journal of the Air & Waste Management Association. 64:12, 1439-1445, DOI: 10.1080/10962247.2014.951745.
10. Lihui Huang, Chang Ho Yu, Philip K. Hopke, Paul J. Lioy, Brian T Buckley, Jin Y. Shin and Zhihua Fan (2014). Measurement of Soluble and Total Hexavalent Chromium in the Ambient Airborne Particles in New Jersey. Aerosol and Air Quality Research. 14, 1939-1949.