- Professor, Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Computational Geography
- Human Geography as much as Environmental and Geological Sciences
- Ph.D., GIScience, University of Vechta, Germany, 1995
Jochen Albrecht's research focuses on spatial regression modeling of drivers of global greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. As a true geographer Jochen Albrecht does not believe in the separation of Human Geography and Environmental and Geological Sciences.
- Albrecht J (accepted for publication). Towards a Theory of GIS Program Management. In Kuhn W and H Onsrud (Eds), Advancing Geographic Information Science: the past and the next 20 years.
- Albrecht J and M Abramovitz 2014. Indicator Analysis for Unpacking Poverty in New York City. URISA Journal, 26(1): 5-12.
- Marcotullio P, Sarzynski A, Albrecht J, Schulz N and J Garcia 2013. The geography of global urban greenhouse gas emissions: An exploratory analysis. Climatic Change, 121(4): 621-634.
- Salmun H, Molod A and J Albrecht 2009. Scales of Variability of Surface Vegetation: Calculation and Implications for Climate Models. Journal of Geophysical Research - Biogeosciences. 114, G07, doi:10.1029/2008JG000762
- Albrecht J, Derman B and L Ramasubramanian 2008. Geo-Ontology Tools – the missing link. Transactions in GIS, 12(4):409-24.