- Associate Professor and MA Program Director, Philosophy
- Philosophy of Art, The Imagination, Emotions, Philosophy of Law, History and Criticism of Art
Courses Recently Taught:
MA Proseminar (2019, 2020)
The Philosophies of the Fine Arts: Painting, Sculpture, Photography (co-taught with Noel Carroll Spring 2017)
- Apt Imaginings: Feelings for Fictions and Other Creatures of the Mind, Oxford University Press, 2020.
- “Imagination,” in Carroll and Gibson, eds., Routledge Companion to Philosophy of Literature, Routledge, 2016.
- "The Epistemology of Fiction and the Question of Invariant Norms," Royal Institute of Philosophy Supplement, 2014.
- "That Obscure Object of Desire: The Pleasure of Painful Art" in Levinson, ed., Suffering Art Gladly: The Paradox of Negative Emotion in Art, Palgrave/Macmillan, 2014.
- “Grief and Belief,” British Journal of Aesthetics, January, 2013.
- “Aptness of Emotions for Fictions and Imaginings,” Pacific Philosophical Quarterly, 2011.
- “Expression as Realization: Speakers’ Interests in Freedom of Speech,” Law and Philosophy, 2011.
- “A Functional View of Artistic Evaluation,” Philosophical Studies, 2011.
- The Life of a Style: Beginnings and Endings in the Narrative History of Art, Cornell University Press, 2000.