- Professor, Nursing
- Theory and knowledge development, international doctoral education, and reduction of youth risk behaviors
Lehman College, Director Research and Scholarship; Graduate Center, Director Doctor of Nursing Science Program; Faculty Fellow, Office of the University Dean of Health and Health Sciences
International nursing, doctoral nursing programs, nursing theory (emphasis on the Roy adaptation model), nursing philosophy, youth risk behaviors (emphasis on cross-cultural approaches and Hispanics), collaboration for education: doctoral, education and practice, simulation labs
Primary Teaching Areas:
- Nursing knowledge and theory development
- Nursing and philosophy of science
- Dissertation development
- Roy, C, Barrone, S & Frederickson, K (in press) Instruments utilized as measuremtns for Roy adaptation model-based research: Critique, examples and future directions, Nursing Science Quarterly,
- Baker, C, Frederickson, K & Gallegos, E (2007) Empowerment among Latina nurses in Indiana, Mexico, New York and Indiana International Nursing Review 54:2, 124-129.
- DiCicco-Bloom, Barbara PhD, RN; Frederickson, Keville EdD, FAAN; O'Malley, Denalee BA; Shaw, Eric PhD; Crosson, Jesse C. PhD; Looney, J. Anna PhD (2007) Developing a model of social capital: Relationships in primary care Advances in Nursing Science, 30 (3) E13-24.:
- Whetsell, M & Frederickson, K (2005) Spirituality, hardiness and quality of life among Latino elderly. Aquichan, 21:5, 45-57 (Spanish).
- Frederickson, K, Rivas, V, Whetsell, M & Tallier, P (2005) Cross Cultural analysis for conceptual understanding: English and Spanish perspectives. Nursing Science Quarterly, 18 (4), 286-92.
- Kleiman, S., Frederickson, K & Lundy, T. (2004) Education for cultural competence: Integration of theories. Nursing Education Perspectives, Nursing Education Perspectives, 25 (5), 238-244.
- Frederickson, K (2003) Opportunities in Nursing, Revised Edition, NY: McGraw-Hill.
- Frederickson, K (2003) Response to Fawcett's critiquing contemporary nursing knowledge: A dialogue. Nursing Science Quarterly, 16, 189.
- Frederickson, K. (2002). Analysis and evaluation of contemporary nursing knowledge: Nursing models and theories [Book review]. Nursing Science Quarterly, 15, 175-176.
- Gagliardi, B, Frederickson, K & Shanley, D (2002) Perceptions Of Quality Of Life And Adaptation Among Persons With Multiple Sclerosis: A Qualitative Study. Nursing Science Quarterly, 15(3), 230-236.
Works in Progress:
- Frederickson, K & Montero, B Consciousness, pain and refutation of representationalism
- Whetsell, M & Frederickson, K Courage and the Roy adaptation model for Latin America