- Professor, English
- Composition & Rhetoric
- queer theory
- history of education
- Ph.D., Graduate Center, CUNY
- Queer Literacies: Discourses & Discontents. Lanham, MD: Lexington Books (imprint of Rowman and Littlefield), 2019.
- Teacher Training at Cambridge: The Initiatives of Oscar Browning and Elizabeth Hughes, co-authored with Dr. Pam Hirsch, Cambridge University. London. Woburn Press, 2004.
Peer Reviewed Journals/Book Chapters:
- “Queerying the First-Year Composition Student (and Teacher): A Democratizing Endeavor” with Tara Pauliny in Queer Landscapes: Mapping Space(s) of Praxis and Pedagogy Eds., James E. Wermers, Elizabeth McNeil, and J. Oakleaf Lunn. Palgrave Macmillan Queer Studies in Education. (2018)
- “An Apologia and a Way Forward: In Defense of the Lecturer Line in Writing Programs” (with Tim McCormack) Contingency, Exploitation, and Solidarity. (Eds.) Seth Kahn, Bill Lalicker, and Amy Lynch-Biniek. WAC Clearinghouse. (2017)
- “John Jay College of Criminal Justice First Year Writing Program” with Tim McCormack. Writing Program Architecture: Thirty Cases for Reference and Research. (Eds.) Bryna Siegel Finer and Jamie White-Farnham. Boulder, CO: University Press of Colorado. (2017)
- "Equal Opportunity Programming & Optimistic Program Assessment: First-Year Writing Program Design and Assessment at John Jay College of Criminal Justice” (with Tim McCormack) Composition Forum 33 (Spring 2016): n. pgs.
- “Revising by Numbers: An Evaluation from the Innumerate” in Journal of Response to Writing 1.2 (August 2015)
- Enacting Eve: A Testimonial in “The Turn to Performance” CCC Online 1.1 (January 2012)
- 2013 Distinguished Teaching Award, John Jay College of Criminal Justice
- 2013 Conference of College Composition & Communication Writing Program Certificate of Excellence
- 2007 Conference of Basic Writing National Award for Innovation in Basic Writing Curriculum.
- Concepts of Pedagogy: A Practicum/Theoreticum (Fall 2023)
- The Intellectual Bureaucrat: Resisting Bartleby the Administrator (Fall 2021)