Current projects include:
- An Aesthetics of Monuments and Memorials
- Reconstructing Schopenhauer’s Aesthetics
- The Oxford Critical Guide to ‘The World as Will and Representation’
- Aesthetics and Nature
- Kant’s 3rd Critique and its legacy
- Schopenhauer and Nietzsche
- Art and Morality
- 19th c. Continental Philosophy Survey
- “What is the Monumental?” Journal of Aesthetics and Art Criticism, May 2021
- “A Two-Tiered Theory of the Sublime” British Journal of Aesthetics, Feb. 2021 DOI: 10.1093/aesthj/ayaa047
- Reconstructing Schopenhauer’s Ethics: Hope, Compassion, and Animal Welfare, Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press (January 2019) 248 pages.
- Guest editor with Levi Tenen of a Special Issue of the Journal of Aesthetics and Art Criticism, “The Good, the Beautiful and the Green: Environmental Aesthetics and Ethics” (volume 76, 4, fall 2018) pp. 391-7.
- “Contemporary Environmental Aesthetics and the Neglect of the Sublime” British Journal of Aesthetics 53:2, April 2013, pp. 181-198.
- “The Problem and the Promise of the Sublime” in Suffering Art Gladly ed. Jerrold Levinson (Palgrave-Macmillan, 2013). pp. 84-107.
- “Schopenhauer’s Transformation of the Kantian Sublime” Kantian Review 17:3, 2012, pp. 479-511.
- “The Problem with the Problem of Tragedy: Schopenhauer’s Solution Revisited” British Journal of Aesthetics 52: 2012, pp. 17-32.
- “Did Schopenhauer Neglect the ‘Neglected Alternative’ Objection?” Archiv für Geschichte der Philosophie 93: 3, 2011, pp. 321–348.
- “Poetic Intuition and the Bounds of Sense: Metaphor and Metonymy in Schopenhauer’s Philosophy” European Journal of Philosophy 16 (2), special issue on Schopenhauer, ed. Christopher Janaway and Alex Neill, August 2008, pp. 211-229.