International Students

Guidance on most administrative matters pertaining to international students is available through the Office of International Students at The Graduate Center. Please refer to the website for the Office of International Students for all official GC policies, and for updates on University-wide forms and procedures.

The Psychology Executive Office has instituted additional policies to help students with the forms and procedures related to being an international student. These are outlined under the headings below, and are intended to ease the process of completing forms correctly and obtaining official signatures.

If you still have questions after reviewing the information below, please contact the APO of Academic Support and Student Progress at

International Students

Please see the headings below for forms, requirements, and procedures related to international students:

Please contact the Office of International Students to apply for Curricular Practical Training (CPT). For additional information, see the CPT Information Handout.

To Apply for CPT:

  1. Contact the Office of International Students to review CPT requirements. Note: you must be registered full-time for the semester in which the CPT will occur.

  2. Complete Section 1 of the CPT Request Form
  3. Ask your prospective employer to complete and sign Section 2
  4. Ask your academic adviser to complete and sign Section 3
  5. For Section 4, please check with your TA Head to see if your CPT is a required or optional academic activity. Check the appropriate box, and fill in any relevant information.
  6. Send your completed CPT Request Form to to be signed by the Executive Officer. Please allow 3-5 business days to process your request.
  7. The Psychology Executive Office will send you a scanned copy of your signed your CPT Request Form, so that you can submit it to the Office of International Students.