All applications to the I/O psychology Ph.D. program are made through the Graduate Center here.
Students may apply with a baccalaureate degree, or may apply after having taken graduate courses elsewhere.
The admission requirements are as follows:
- Applicants need to have completed at least 15 credits in psychology including:
- a course in research methods or experimental psychology
- a course in I/O psychology or an equivalent (e.g., human resources, organizational behavior, or applied psychology)
- a course in statistics
- Transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate intuitions attended.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- A three page maximum statement of the candidate.
The program does not make exceptions to the admissions requirements. Applicants need to submit all of the required materials by the application deadline of December 1st of each year.
The program does not accept transfer credit from terminal masters programs. Transfer credit from another Ph.D. program is considered on a case by case basis.
A telephone interview may be required prior to admission. This interview allows the admission committee to make a more comprehensive assessment of the applicant.
For more information, please contact the I/O Training Program Admissions Coordinator Dr. Yochi Cohen-Charash.
Dr. Yochi Cohen-Charash