Civil Disturbance Procedure
Most demonstrations such as marches, meetings, picketing and rallies are peaceful and non-obstructive. However, demonstrations can become disruptive if one or more of the following conditions exist:
- Interference with the normal operations of the college.
- Prevention of access to an office, building or other college facility.
- Threat of physical harm to persons or damage to college facilities.
- Disorderly conduct which disturbs the campus or community.
If any of these conditions exist:
- Contact Security & Public Safety at x7777 and report the location, nature and size of the disturbance.
- Continue as much as possible with your normal routine. If the disturbance is outside, stay away from doors and windows.
- Avoid provoking or obstructing demonstrators. Do not interfere with those persons creating the disturbance or with law enforcement authorities on the scene.