Psychological Crisis Procedure
A psychological crisis exists when an individual is threatening harm to himself/herself or to others, or is out of touch with reality due to a severe drug reaction or a psychotic break. Hallucinations, uncontrollable behavior, or complete withdrawal may manifest a psychotic break.
- To report a psychological crisis call Security & Public Safety at x7777 and tell the officer the following:
- Your name
- Your location
- The nature and location of the incident
- Clearly state that you need immediate assistance
- If it is safe to do so, stay on the line until an officer arrives.
- Never try to deal with a potentially dangerous situation by yourself. Report any suicide attempt to Security & Public Safety so that the proper procedures may be followed in order to ensure the safety of the victim.