The mission of the Registrar's Office supports the mission of the University by serving students, faculty, staff and the general public through effective management practices that ensure the integrity, accuracy and privacy of academic records.
NOTE: The Office of the Registrar currently operates according to the following schedule:
Mondays - Thursdays: in-person service, room 7201, 9am to 5pm
Fridays: remote service 9am to 5pm
Please plan for the following holiday closures:
Memorial Day, May 29; Juneteenth, June 19; and Independence Day, July 4
All inquiries can be sent to email@example.com.
The GC's Academic Calendar is available online and as a PDF by semester:
Use the following links for registration:
- Useful Information about CUNYfirst
- Global Search - Class Schedule
- Registering in Schedule Builder
Permit enrollment information is available at:
Important Registration Dates:
- Continuing student registration for the Fall 2023 semester will begin on April 25, 2023 at 9:30 a.m via the CUNYfirst system. Registration appointments will be assigned to all continuing students. Be advised that all holds must be cleared before registration. A late registration fee of $25 will be applied to all registration for the Fall 2023 semester on or after August 25, 2023.
- Registration for new students begins on August 15, 2023.
- Non-matriculants and permit students are set to register on August 21, 2023.
- First day of Fall 2023 classes is on August 25, 2023.
- The Graduate Center Tuition Refund Schedule. Students may be charged % tuition if classes are switched on the first day of the semester or later. In addition, students are required to pay a change of program fee for each time they make certain program changes on or after the first day of classes. Use the 'SWAP' function in CUNYFirst if you want to switch a class to avoid possible financial penalty.
Frequently Requested Information
Review the following information:
The most up-to-date version of forms from the Registrar's Office can be accessed here:
Registrar on YouTube
Watch how to videos at the GC Registrar Solutions Channel.
Graduate Center Bulletin
The Graduate Center Bulletin is a comprehensive guide to academic requirements, programs, policies, and courses at the Graduate Center.View the Bulletin
The handbook is a supplement to the Bulletin with information on services, resources, and amenities for students as well as student governance and additional policies.View the Student Handbook
Important Notice of Possible Changes
The City University of New York reserves the right, because of changing conditions, to make modifications of any nature in the academic programs and requirements of the University and its constituent colleges without advance notice. Tuition and fees are similarly subject to change by the Board of Trustees of the City University of New York. The University regrets any inconvenience this may cause.