The Vice President for Student Affairs has overall responsibility for the following:
- the provision of student support services (Admissions, the Registrar, student disability services, Doctoral Student Employee Health Insurance, Graduate Center Apartments, Wellness Health Services and Counseling, Career Planning and Professional Development, Center for Teaching and Learning, Writing Center, International Students, and the Child Development and Learning Center),
- procedural student academic matters relating to incomplete grades, leaves of absence, withdrawals, program changes, satisfactory progress, and time limits for degrees, and
- the general quality of student life at the Graduate Center.
The Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs is available to assist students with problems, to interpret policies and procedures, and to serve as ombudsperson when needed. It is also charged with overseeing the administrative resolution of disputes with regard to grades, satisfactory progress, and disciplinary matters.
The Vice President for Student Affairs serves as administrative liaison to the Doctoral and Graduate Students’ Council, serves on the Student Services Committee, and is the 504 / ADA Coordinator.
Information about academic policies and procedures may be obtained from each student’s program, but students are encouraged to contact the Vice President for Student Affairs regarding academic issues that cannot be resolved within the program. In addition, students are invited to consult with and seek assistance from staff in the Office of the Vice President concerning any matter that relates to quality of life, services, facilities, and special needs or problems.
We the GC
Pursuing a graduate degree at the CUNY Graduate Center, in the heart of New York City, is a unique experience. We are in the center of a diverse city that has great academic and cultural opportunities. The Graduate Center has services and resources to help students thrive throughout their path to degree.Student Life
The Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs is open for in-person service Monday-Thursday 9 a.m.-5 p.m., and remotely on Friday.
Beginning the week of June 13, the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs will shift to the following schedule:
- Mondays and Wednesdays: Remote service 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays: In-person service, Room 7301, 9 a.m. -5 p.m.
- Fridays: closed for CUNY summer Fridays through August 12
Please note that our office will be closed for the Juneteenth holiday (observed) June 20 and for the Fourth of July holiday July 4. All inquiries can be sent to email@example.com.